Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm Ready!!

First of all, welcome Valerie to the blog. Hopefully we will have a few others joing soon!

I'm ready to start on my afghan. Since I am swatching from scratch, I had to wait for my yarn order. This is what I chose:

It's Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Mist, Cloud, Cranberry and Fern. I've got some stitches picked out from Vogue's Stitchionary. I tried to select some elaborate stitches and some simplier stitches so when I assemble them all it doesn't look too busy. Now I just need to decide how large I want the squares to be. Luckily I have a long plane ride tomorrow to get started on this. My hubby and I are flying to Italy tomorrow! That also means I probably won't be checking in until I get back. So if you want to join, please leave a comment or e-mail and I'll get you all set up with access as soon as I return.

Until then, Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Angela! I would love to join in on this KAL. I'm bad about knitting swatches...maybe this will help?? LOL!

Lisa
lbdotson9401@sbcglobal.net